Summary of yesterday’s meeting with the leaders of the Central American Ubuntu LoCo Teams:
- As of today, only two teams in the area are approved teams. The Ubuntu Nicaragua and El Salvador teams are going to help the other teams
- We’re going to create a single Central American support forum, instead of six, and redirect all the users to the site.
- The local teams are going to preserve their local IRC channels for meetings and redirect the support to the #ubuntu-centroamerica channel.
- We’re going to modify the web sites of the Central American teams, designing a unique Drupal template for the six countries.
- Ubuntu Central America is going participate in the Ubuntu Global Bug Jam and other efforts as a single team.
After the meeting, we had the opportunity to hang out with Enrique Nabet, the delegate of Belize at the Central American Free Software Summit. The Ubuntu Nicaragua team is going to help him to form the Ubuntu Belize team and set up the basic web resources.
You can download the video of the Ubucon here (.ogg-217MB).
Check out other videos from the day 1 of ECSL09: